Tuesday, November 21, 2017

wear kneepads

i'm told by my old friend that i'm a good guy
except when i go on my "ego trips"
IE draw the curtain that conceals me
to look the slasher in the eye

and i'll be the first to admit i can get carried away
but if you don't see it comes from the right place
then we must agree to disagree

been thinking of how KV sings
there was a time in my life when they thought i was all talk
i can recall that, and let it lie
i'll do what's in front of me and move on
if you're on this road behind, you may find it
if you're on the parallel road looking over to assess
you're about to rear-end somebody

i don't plan to trip, ego or otherwise
i don't intend to scrape my knees and spend 
midlife on the sidewalk waiting for ma



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home